Lonely In The World
Jump to navigation Jump to search
February 2001 - Announcements Page
- Level VII Item Magic spells introduced.
- All the detrimental Self spells have been changed to be irresistible. Players will no longer gain XP from resisting their own debuffs. Everyone out of the pool!
- All newly created swordstaffs have been renamed naginatas, marking the end of name confusion.
- Pack Dolls can be found in player packs as an apology for the recent hotfix and rollback.
- For a moment, you feel as if a wee little mousey has scampered up your leg...
- Moss Chamber NPC Room
- Eaushi the Trainer - Ishilai Lyceum
- Essence of Artifice - 86.7S, 10.4E, Exchanges Level VI Item scrolls for the Level VII scroll.
- Hasina bint Rira - Random spawn in Osteth.
- Spertat the Ursuin Hunter - Random spawn in Northern Osteth.
- Zairente Ra-Yao - Random spawn in Southern Osteth.
- Beyond the Mines of Despair - in the Mines of Despair
- Hieromancers' Halls - 4.4S, 82.8W, southest of Fort Teth
- Humming Crystal
- Ishilai Lyceum - 88.0S 48.9E, south of Kara (requires a Lyceum Recall Gem)
- Lyceum Training Grounds - Ishilai Lyceum
- Moss Chamber (NPC Room) - From the Moss Chamber
- North Tumerok Vanguard Outpost - 7.5S, 0.0W, northwest of Tufa
- South Tumerok Vanguard Outpost - 45.9S, 14.2E, southwest of Xarabydun
- Advocate Dungeon - Portal removed from game.
- Mines of Despair - The mysterious locked section of the mines is now part of a quest. New creatures and quest items added, and the upper level restriction has been removed.
- Moss Chamber - Updated with higher Mosswarts, quest items and a portal to the NPC room.
- *helper* - You make yourself available to help someone.
- Diaphanous Nephol Golem
- Guardian Golem (Level 308)
- Tenuous Nephol Golem
- Turbid Nephol Golem
- Zirconium Golem
- Town Crier
- Town Crier tells you, "Poor Sir Martine... Poor, poor Sir Martine..."
- Town Crier tells you, "Hey, have you noticed anything strange about the night sky?"
- Town Crier tells you, "That's it, the night sky definitely looks strange. Looks more... purple. What does purple remind me of?"
- Town Crier tells you, "Somebody showed me that last letter from Candeth Martine. Most disturbing thing I've read in quite some time."
- Town Crier tells you, "I heard that the archmage Hasina bint Rira found an odd puzzle box in the desert. The Arcanum at Zaikhal couldn't figure out how it worked. If you want to see it, you may want to seek Hasina - she wanders around the A'mun."
- Town Crier tells you, "What are the Tumeroks up to? Are they moving into the desert?"
- Town Crier tells you, "The word from explorer Ardry the Dubious is that the Tumeroks have moved out of the Direlands and seem to have established a couple of outposts in the desert."
- Town Crier tells you, "A few scholars say they've noticed the Virindi acting differently. Like they're starting to get more ambitious and aggressive. Actually all you have to do is look at what happened to Sir Martine to know how vicious those cloaked friends have become!"
- Town Crier tells you, "The Ursuin Hunter is at it again."
- Town Crier rolls her eyes.
- Town Crier tells you, "He's wandering aimlessly in the Tiofor Woods, trying to study how the species is adapting to Dereth. If you run across him, I'd keep your distance. The man's not right in the head."
- Town Crier tells you, "A little bird told me that the blacksmith Zairente Ra-Yao found a bludgeoning dagger in the Southern Direlands. That's crazy talk! Everyone knows daggers are sharp."
- Town Crier tells you, "Lately, I've seen a lot more people heading into the Direlands. Are they not as Dire as before?"
- Town Crier tells you, "Just when you thought it was safe to go back to the Direlands, Banderling Thrashers and Enforcers have returned!"
- Town Crier tells you, "Word from the local sage is that the new high-level Item Magic spells are a little stronger than the previous levels, but last a lot longer! I can hide behind my shield that much longer!"
- Town Crier tells you, "My cousin cast a veeerrry powerful True Value spell on my velvet gloves. More powerful than I've ever seen. He did that twenty minutes ago, and it still hasn't worn off! Is that great or what?"
- Town Crier tells you, "Been to the Mines of Despair yet? All the smart magic-casters are going."
- Town Crier tells you, "News! I hear there's a powerful new set of armor available for War mages!"
- Town Crier tells you, "My cousin explored the Mines of Despair recently. He came back a lot smarter!"
- Ulgrim the Unpleasant
- Ulgrim the Unpleasant tells you, "Stout makes a man mean! Arrr!"
- Ulgrim the Unpleasant tells you, "The big tragedy in this whole Bael'Zharon affair is what happened to Isin Dule. The guy makes a naked grab for power and backstabs his master, then gets thoroughly worked over by both sides. Sometimes life is unfair. Though I have to say, better him than me!"
- Ulgrim the Unpleasant tells you, "Me and MacDugal, we were talking one day, over a mug of Olde Ispar Stout, and I said to him, "You know, Mac, a multi-strike dagger would be really handy. I bet you'd just have to balance the hilt right." That cheat, he stole my idea! And he gets all cocky about his "bandit blades." Ha. "Ulgrim blades" would be a more accurate description."
- Ulgrim the Unpleasant tells you, "Vitae is all a state of mind. Usually results when you've been hit in the back of the head by a Lugian boulder."
- Ulgrim the Unpleasant tells you, "Any day now, I'll have myself some new armor with lots of shiny bits on it. Won't you be jealous then?"
- Ulgrim the Unpleasant tells you, "It's a strange world. I aim to keep it that way!"
- Ulgrim the Unpleasant tells you, "I went poking around in Claude's tent the other day, and I swear on my liver that the creepy bugger smiled at me! What's he up to?"
- Ulgrim the Unpleasant tells you, "You laugh at me when I warn you about the Virindi, but you'll see! When your brain turns to applesauce and gets sucked out through a straw, don't say, "Old Ulgrim never warned me about this!""
- Rollout Article
- Release Notes
- Letter to the Players
- Pages from the Producer
- A Message on Weddings