Jump to navigation Jump to search
May 2000 - Announcements Page
- Magic Defense's skill formula has been changed from Focus + Willpower/10 to /7 to make it easier to increase your skill to higher levels. Monsters are not affected by this change.
- The Gharu'ndim warrior Jaleh al-Thani has founded a new respite for weary adventures on the west cost of the Direlands.
- The strangely prescient sage, Ulgrim the Unpleasant, makes his home in the taven of this new town.
- Sturdy Iron Chests have been introduced to reduce camping of the treasure chests in the game.
- A new pierce damage sword has made an appearance in treasure - the Rapier.
User Interface Updates
- Added multiple tabs to spell-cast panel—players can now sort their spells in nice, tabbed panels. You can switch tabs in the Magic panel by pressing the <insert> and <page up> keys to cycle through the five tabs. These are the same keys used to increase / decrease attack power / accuracy in the Combat panel.
- The old message from beta no longer appears in the chat window as it was misleading (didn't mean you'd been saved but that the servers had verified your location in the world):
- The "<Character> has been saved"
- Jaleh al-Thani
- Berkholt the Burly Barkeep
- Claude the Archmage
- Devana bint Hamudi
- Ellimar Jorning the Healer
- Gormling the Sneaky Seneschal
- Grocer Nihara bint Umar
- Jeweler Daryam ibn Zubed
- Sang Nen-Kai the Weaponsmith
- Scribe Muhiza bint Murqidh
- Sung Wenxio the Armorer
- Thiuda the Sharp-Eyed Bowyer
- Ulgrim the Unpleasant
- Sturdy Iron Chests added to certain dungeons and POI (mainly those that had regularly camped chests):
- Folthid Cellar - Level 12+ restriction added.
- Dungeon Mei - Level 1-12 restriction added.
- Town Crier
- Town Crier tells you, "There have been quite a few fashion shows lately. It is nice that people are able to forget their troubles for a little while as they critique each other's outfits."
- Town Crier tells you, "I am glad that the shadow invasion was stopped! Those evil creatures continuously raided our lands. Fortunately, the brave folk of Dereth rallied to defeat them."
- Town Crier tells you, "News! Weaponsmiths of Dereth have developed a new kind of sword. The rapier is light, fast, and pierces the flesh of enemies."
- Town Crier tells you, "Who killed Gertarh? The famed Banderling craftsman was mysteriously slain."
- Town Crier tells you, "The legendary Silifi of Crimson Stars recently resurfaced! It is said to be quite a fearsome weapon. Axe-wielding fighters all over Dereth are rejoicing."
- Town Crier tells you, "Hardy pioneers have established a new settlement in the southwest Direlands. The town of Ayan Baqur lies on the western coast, on a ridge between the forest and the sea."
- Town Crier tells you, "The new town of Ayan Baqur was founded by the powerful Gharu'ndim warrior Jaleh al-Thani. We must all strive to emulate his strength and courage."
- Town Crier tells you, "You ask what stopped the shadow invasion? Brave souls gathered keys from the shadow spires, ventured into the Nexus Dungeon, and shattered the powerful Nexus Crystal. For some reason, the crystal's destruction caused the shadows to retreat."
- Town Crier tells you, "It's nice that there is a new town, but I am a little suspicious of some of the strange folk who live there. Especially the archmage..."
- Town Crier tells you, "Recently there have been advances in the science of alchemy. Alchemists are able to produce more effective potions."
- Town Crier tells you, "Have you heard anything about this mysterious Oswald, the assassin who slew Gertarh? All I've heard is that he favors the color green..."
- Town Crier tells you, "Yesterday I found a Wool Fez of Deception Mastery! Soon no one will be able to tell how strong I am..."
- Town Crier tells you, "I have heard that the Nexus Crystal was very similar to the Great Work of Frore..."
- Town Crier tells you, "Weaponsmiths of Dereth have refined their swordcrafting techniques. The swords they produce now have stronger, keener blades."
- Town Crier tells you, "News! The chefs of Dereth have refined their recipes! Prepared food has the same great taste, but is less burdensome!"
- Ulgrim the Unpleasant
- Ulgrim the Unpleasant tells you, "That Virindi, Claude, you want to watch out for him. Treacherous and inscrutable. And his reagents are defective!"
- Ulgrim the Unpleasant tells you, "I just talked to Lilitha last week. She said she made a powerful new bow."
- Ulgrim the Unpleasant tells you, "So did you hear about that invasion of Shadows? It's too bad about these family disputes. If only Lord Atlan had acknowledged that Bael'Zharon was his illegitimate son, none of this would have happened!"
- Ulgrim the Unpleasant tells you, "Have you found Hamud's Fez of Invisibility yet?"
- Ulgrim the Unpleasant tells you, "I heard Gertarh got killed because he was cheating on his wife."
- Ulgrim the Unpleasant tells you, "Actually, some Sho weaponsmiths put out a contract on Gertarh. They hired some elite ninjas to kill off the competition."
- Ulgrim the Unpleasant tells you, "Ever seen Orichalcum weapons? They're orange and can be shaped into whatever you want!"
- Ulgrim the Unpleasant tells you, "You want to know where the Empyrean are? They're hiding inside the lifestones. Sucking our life-force away like the stout in this mug..."
- Ulgrim the Unpleasant tells you, "I saw someone in Arwic the other day with pointy ears and big, purple eyes. Never seen anyone like that in Dereth before..."
- Ulgrim the Unpleasant tells you, "Last week I saw a Tumerok riding an Auroch. It was the strangest damned thing I have ever seen."
- Ulgrim the Unpleasant tells you, "That town crier...All she reports is a pack of lies!"
- Ulgrim the Unpleasant tells you, "Jaleh likes to pretend he's so tough, but he's just bluffing. And he didn't clear this place out all by himself, either. I did most of the work."
- Ulgrim the Unpleasant tells you, "Don't ask me about the Silifi of Crimson Stars! I keep telling people, there's no such thing!"