Jump to navigation Jump to search
September 2000 - Announcements Page
- The towns of Arwic and Tufa have been destroyed by the Shadow Spires
- Grievver, Niffis, and Ursuin creature types added.
- Creature-only weapons introduced.
- Dyeing introduced.
- Secure Trade introduced.
- Shields generated by the treasure system will now be created with Invulnerability spells.
- You now gain a skill credit at level 32.
- 32 was once barren, not a skill point in sight.
- That's all been fixed now, it's sweetness and light.
- You now have 3 skill credits
- Added owls and distant wolves to heavy forests as part of our continuing ambient sound buffs.
- Cookbooks have been updated with the winners from August's Quest for Chocolate event. Also, you can find the writings from the winners of August's writing contest in the game as well. Check your local town vendor to purchase your copy today!
- Fun stuff -- pots, bowls, and cups can now be thrown. The better you are at Thrown Weapons, the better your aim will be with them.
User Interface Updates
- Added "@friends online" option.
- Fallen Shadow Spire of Cragstone
- Caulnalain Vestibule - 68.5N, 5.5E, northwest of Crater Village
- Caulnalain Chamber - Inside the vestibule
- Fenmalain Vestibule - 46.9S 55.2E, northwest of Baishi
- Fenmalain Chamber - Inside the vestibule
- Shendolain Vestibule - 53.8S 59.6W, north Obsidian Plains
- Shendolain Chamber - Inside the vestibule
- 84.0N, 22.2W - Paul & Babe
- Menhir Ring Dungeons
- The towns of Arwic and Tufa have been destroyed by the Shadow Spires
- Tufa Menhir Ring - Now destroyed.
- Arwic Mines - Iron Ore no longer found in the mines.
- Caulnalain Crystal
- Caulnalain Soul Crystal
- Caulnalain Satellite Fragment
- Fenmalain Crystal
- Fenmalain Soul Crystal
- Fenmalain Satellite Fragment
- Shendolain Crystal
- Shendolain Soul Crystal
- Shendolain Satellite Fragment
- Bane Grievver
- Scrawed Grievver
- Virulent Grievver
- Venomous Grievver
- Harrower Grievver
- Destroyer Grievver
- Town Crier
- Town Crier tells you, "Have you heard Aluvians talking about Strathelar, or the Sho who've claimed to see Ben Ten? What rubbish! I'll believe it when I'm able to poke one of them in the head."
- Town Crier tells you, "Hey, want to trade? You can trust me."
- Town Crier tells you, "There are unconfirmed reports that a skilled Aluvian archeress helped repulse the Shadow attack on Cragstone. A few residents of the town insist it was Elysa"
- Town Crier tells you, "Stop poking me - it tickles!"
- Town Crier tells you, "Do you like the color of my robe? I dyed it myself, using some herbs I found growing in the desert. I don't think I'll be able to use that pot to make soup again, though..."
- Town Crier tells you, "News! The recent activity of the Shadow Spires has again destabilized portalspace. Travelers have reported encounters with the fierce ursuin native to northern Aluvia. Also, rumors abound of some frighteningly strange new magical creatures which may be resistant to magical drains! Dereth has never seen their like before..."
- Town Crier tells you, "Yesterday I found a Velvet Fez of Camping Mastery! That weird magical effect sure is scary looking..."
- Town Crier tells you, "Three wonderful new books have been authored by Gharu'ndim scribes! "Midnight Revelation" by Ashgad of Thistledown, "Recalling the Calling" by Anjwar al-Jaenth of Morningthaw, and "Derethian Skies" by Ariq al-Binara of Frostfell may be purchased at the Zaikhal Library."
- Town Crier tells you, "News! Cragstone was attacked by Shadow forces, but the assault was somehow repulsed. One of the massive Shadow Spires now lies broken in a huge, steaming crater south of the town."
- Town Crier tells you, "Wonderful new recipes using the magical ingredient chocolate were discovered last month by Chen Kenichi, Ho Chun, Rhiannon Morgana, Betty Crocker, Khallayne, Aiyaan Shiefu, Atsushi, Yakamura Shinji, and Alanwen. You can acquire these in the updated Specialty and Chocolate Cookbooks, available from your local scribe."
- Town Crier tells you, "News! The oasis of Tufa has been destroyed by Shadow attack! Even now, three massive Spires glower over the wreckage. Residents report strange creatures moving in the crater."
- Town Crier tells you, "News! After the failed assault on Cragstone, the Shadows moved northeast and devastated Arwic! Two Spires now glare down at the burning wreckage. Refugees, so stunned they can only speak in gibberish, have flooded Fort Tethana."
- Town Crier tells you, "Just between you and me, I was at Cragstone the night of the attack. I didn't see the archer everyone's talking about, but I did see a mage in white, standing beside the windmill. He - I think it was a he, anyway - raised his hands as the Spire approached, and everything went white..."
- Town Crier tells you, "Do you like the color of my robe? I dyed it myself, using some herbs I found growing in the forest. I don't think I'll be able to use that pot to make soup again, though..."
- Town Crier tells you, "I heard a strange noise in the wastelands a few days ago. I haven't heard it since, though. I have no idea what it was."
- Town Crier tells you, "I've heard travelers at the tavern say that undead are appearing in increasing numbers, especially around the old menhir rings. They seem to be searching for something."
- Town Crier tells you, "Three wonderful new books have been authored by Sho scribes! "Loka Jii Learns to Hunt" by Loka Wu of Morningthaw, "The Emperor's Blade" by Ja'afar al-Saladin of Solclaim, and "The Journal of Nandesu Ka" by Nandesu Ka of Leafcull may be purchased at the Hebian-to Library."
- Town Crier tells you, "Three wonderful new books have been authored by Aluvian scribes! "Shadows of My Doubts" by Aytalya of Darktide, "The Journals of Change" by Aragorn of Thistledown, and "The D00dz" by Vexorg of Thistledown may be purchased at the Cragstone Library."
- Town Crier tells you, "Some ruffian threw a pine stoup at my head the other day, just because there wasn't any news! As if I'm personally responsible for making it? So I threw a platter back at him..."
- Town Crier tells you, "I think I ate too much chocolate last month. Do I look fat?"
- Town Crier tells you, "Sweet merciful Mothers, have you seen the sky at night? The world is going to end!"
- Town Crier tells you, "By the Crimson Stars, the night sky has gone mad!"
- Town Crier tells you, "The night sky reminds me of the fires of the Dragon. There will be war, I think."
- Town Crier tells you, "It is said in the halls of lore that Ben Ten has been sighted again. I would be excited by this, only... The old Chiran-tou proverb reads, 'Legends only rise in time of strife.' If the heroes of Dereth's early days walk the earth again, it cannot bode well."
- Ulgrim the Unpleasant
- Ulgrim the Unpleasant tells you, "Archer my butt - I defeated the Shadow Spire at Cragstone! I used Penultimate Life Strike VII, a spell my old friend Harlune taught me."
- Ulgrim the Unpleasant tells you, "A bunch of PKs ran through town yesterday, yelling 'Go go go' and 'Fire in the hole' as they jumped up and down and ran in circles. I think they were looking to one-shot kill each other. One of them killed old Berkholt, then yelled 'hostage down.' Weird. I think they came from Arwic."
- Ulgrim the Unpleasant tells you, "Holtburg has been invaded by hoards of Shadow Bovines wielding polearms. Get there quickly and you can join the defense!"
- Ulgrim the Unpleasant tells you, "That Virindi, Claude, you want to watch out for him. Treacherous and inscrutable. And his reagents are defective! And he smells like wine and cheese."
- Ulgrim the Unpleasant tells you, "Shoushi was attacked by Shadows, but Ben Ten showed up and told them where to find a sturdy iron chest. I hear there's a small army of them encamped at the bottom of Nevius Passage."