Sins of the Fathers
Jump to navigation Jump to search
December 2008 - Announcements Page
- Monster Fights introduced.
- Blighted Moarsmen Raids (Dec 2008)
- Summoning Ritual of T'thuun
- T'Thuun's Marauders reactivated for a special one night event.
- Champion Bullgara
- Chief Grogbash
- Darcusch the Barbarian
- Elysa Strathelar (Live 2008 12 12)
- Hea Tnakarea
- Hiro Sawatogo
- Kerthump the Ear Taker
- Korgluuk of Bur
- Marek al-Evv
- Monster Fight Bookie
- Narthran Two-Blades
- Royal Scout (Patriarch's Valley)
- Warrior Corthos - 72.8N 60.7W (Monster Fights)
- The Carenzi Race Track has new pennants displaying a carenzi head on a trophy. See here for a screenshot.
- The twelve raid locations from the T'Thuun's Marauders quest have had all T'Thuun spawn removed and the pyramids/devices are gone as well.
- Auberean's Sentinel (Event only)
- Dereth's Elite
- Seasonal Seeker
- Bane of the Blight
- Defender of the Deru
- Town Crier tells you, "Is winter here yet? I mean, people are giving each other presents, but there's no snow yet... Is it because of the ley lines?"
- Town Crier tells you, "News! Some particularly rare and vicious beasts have been reported in the vicinity of Freebooter Isle and the Moarsman Island."
- Town Crier tells you, "News! The proprietors of the casinos have opened up a new gaming den! Go to Sanamar to see the exciting new game"
- Town Crier tells you, "The holiday season is a time for presents and giant well wrapped boxes containing presents."
- Town Crier tells you, "There is word from knowledgeable sources that the vile Falatacot Patriarchs serving T'thuun are planning something big..."
- Town Crier tells you, "A close family friend of mine discovered some giant gift on his way to visit me for the holiday season. I wonder if there are more gifts around Dereth?"
- Town Crier tells you, "Activity has picked up in the snowfolk village of Frosthaven again, even though the first winter snow has not yet arrived. Everything's out of sorts in Dereth! Won't someone fix the ley lines?"
- Town Crier tells you, "Have you heard? Alchemists are now able to create a newer, more powerful set of mana phials for use in combat. Speak with Janier al-Evv in the Arcanum compound near Xarabydun for more information."
- Town Crier tells you, "Scholars have commented that the movement of stars and the resonance of the ley lines points to some kind of major convergence of powers... Will the servants of T'thuun do something disastrous? We must all be vigilant..."
- Town Crier tells you, "The new entertainment to be found at Sanamar is a monster arena! Place bets on fierce Derethian and non-Derethian wildlife as they fight to the death!"
- Town Crier tells you, "Word is that the societies have taken particular interest in the powerful and elusive new creatures stalking Freebooter Isle and Moarsman Island. They may have set their recruits to hunting them. If you do belong to a society, wink wink nudge nudge, you may want to see about the rewards."
Ulgrim the Unpleasant
- Ulgrim the Unpleasant tells you, "Ayup, some kind of reckoning with that primitive demon is coming. Can't you feel the tension in the air? Can't you hear the thrum of power coursing through the ley lines of Dereth? Can't you taste the stink of catastrophic magic, building in the dark corners of the world? Can't you smell the stink of dirty socks?"
- Ulgrim the Unpleasant tells you, "I, for one, welcome the new global warming that's come along with the higgledy-piggledy in the ley lines. Let T'thuun and his gang of redheaded stepchildren keep widdling into the mana pool, as long as it keeps my robe from freezing to the ground again. Of course, if they start messing with the stout supply, then I'll have to go and kick some tentacle butt."
- Ulgrim the Unpleasant tells you, "I'd go to Sanamar myself to bet on some of those monster fights, but there's a dangerous stout oversupply that is threatening the economic foundations of this town, and someone's got to suck a few up for the team."
- Ulgrim the Unpleasant tells you, "Oh, so the alchemists have made even more powerful throwing phials, eh? Am I the only one who thinks it's a very bad idea to have even more destructive phials in the hands of people who aren't properly trained in the art of thrown weapons?"
- Ulgrim the Unpleasant tells you, "The only giant gift box I want would be full of ale!"
- Ulgrim the Unpleasant tells you, "Easy guys, I drink my stout just like the rest of you - one sip at a time. Except, once my mug's empty, I make gold gromnies."
- Ulgrim the Unpleasant tells you, "I found a nicely packaged little gift box the other day. I was tempted to open it, but I resisted the temptation. The last time I opened up a strange gift that some stranger had left for me, I ended up on this godforsaken world."
- Ulgrim the Unpleasant tells you, "No, wait, that's how I ended up naked and penniless in Canfield with a big bruise on my forehead. I ended up here because I drunkenly stumbled into a portal, thinking it was a clever new kind of outhouse."
- Ulgrim the Unpleasant tells you, "I went out to Snowhaven the other day. I magnanimously tried to share some stout with one of the snowmen out there, but he just kind of melted into a puddle of stouty goo. Those snowfolk, just can't hold their liquor."
- Ulgrim the Unpleasant tells you, "It's a time for giving and I hear someone has left giant gift boxes around Dereth. Mine was full of ale."
- Ulgrim the Unpleasant tells you, "Of course it only lasted me a day."
- Ulgrim the Unpleasant tells you, "New, more powerful throwing phials? Bad idea. It's hazardous enough with the phials people already carry around. Ever seen a bar fight when some phial-flinging macehead falls on his drunken behind? I've gotten very practiced at using my mug to cover my pretty face, when the shards of glass go flying."
- Ulgrim the Unpleasant tells you, "Oh ho, so there are supposed to be rare monsters stalking the societies' private hunting reserves, eh? You know what that is? It's a scam to keep people from wanting to visit there! Just like how I tell everyone how terrible Berkholt's stout is, so there'll be more for me."
- Ulgrim the Unpleasant tells you, "Oops. Berkholt didn't hear that, did he?"
- Ulgrim the Unpleasant tells you, "Oh, winter is my favorite time of year... Especially that magical night when good little boys and girls get delivered a gift of sausage by - no, wait, that's not it, I'm thinking of the wrong holiday."
- Ulgrim the Unpleasant tells you, "T'thuun's coming! Bring it on! I'm tired of running from him! He can send whatever kind of patriarch goons he wants to collect my gambling debts! I still say that match I bet on was rigged! Never trust an archdemon to honestly promote a fight."